If you’re having difficulty booking a visitor accommodation, our reservation service may be able to help. Local hosts have registered with Tourism Bowen Island and we may be able to find the dates that you’re looking for. This is a fee-based service charged at a rate of 10% per reservation booking or a maximum charge of $50.00. Please only fill out the form if you accept the associated fees, terms and conditions of this service.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Terms of Service
Tourism Bowen Island Association (TBI) is the Reservation Service Provider (RSP) and may also be referred to as “us” or “we” or “our.”
Visitor Accommodation Host (VAH) refers to owner/operators of visitor accommodations.
Guest (G) refers to a booking party and may also be referred to as “you” and “your.”
Reservation Service Agreement (RSA) refers to the reservation created by the Service Provider as requested by the Guest and as confirmed by the Host.
- Provide TBI with information about the type of visitor accommodation you’re looking for and accurate information about your booking party, referred to as Guest: the dates, price range, number of people, including names, age and relationship, number of beds, amenities and any other requirements.
- Before TBI starts searching for a VAH, you must agree to the terms of our RSA including the fee of 10% of the full accommodation term and up to a maximum fee of $50. The fee is due prior to any RSA being finalized.
- Provide TBI with your contact information and payment information, if paying by credit card.
- When TBI finds a suitable VAH or a selection of VAHs that meet your criteria, TBI will provide you with relevant information to facilitate your decision, including location, rate, availability, bedrooms, amenities, pictures, etc. When you accept a reservation, a RSA will be created and you are required to pay the fee to finalize the RSA.
- The RSA is a reservation only. You are responsible for completing a formal visitor accommodation booking with the VAH, making all payments directly to the VAH, and abiding by the VAH’s terms.
- You are responsible for providing complete and accurate information about your Guest party. Should a dispute arise with the Host over misrepresentation, errors or omission, TBI is not responsible or liable for any errors and the RSA can be revoked without any refund.
- If the VAH misrepresents their property or terms in any way, TBI is not responsible or liable for any errors or omissions.
- If a Guest or VAH requires any changes to the booking after the RSA has been finalized, this is solely a matter between the Guest and VAH.
- TBI is not responsible or liable for any errors, payments, fees or damages resulting from the RSA. Once the RSA is signed and paid by the Guest, TBI’s responsibility and obligation to the Guest and VHA are ceased.
- You, as the Guest, agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold TBI and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of TBI’s reservation service; (ii) any confirmed RSAs; (iii) any resulting use of the visitor accommodation.
Reservation Service Provider Terms:
- TBI is to provide a reservation service that matches a Guest’s requirements with a VAH’s property and availability.
- TBI endeavours to provide accurate and up-to-date information and service, but TBI is not liable to the Guest or VAH should any misrepresentation, errors or omissions occur.
- TBI respects the privacy and confidentiality of both the Guest and VAH and does not divulge any personal information other than required by the RSA.
- This is a fee-based service paid by the Guest. Our fee is 10% of the full term of the visitor accommodation booking and up to a maximum of $50.
- The Guest and VAH are responsible for finalizing a formal visitor accommodation agreement. Should any dispute occur between the Guest and VAH, TBI is not involved or liable.
- TBI is not responsible or liable for any errors, payments, fees or damages resulting from the RSA. Once the RSA is signed and paid by the Guest, our responsibility and obligation to the Guest and VAH are ceased.
Visitor Accommodation Reservations Form
Please read the Terms of Service, fill in this form and accept the terms by checking the box.
Tourism Bowen Island Association is a member-based, registered nonprofit organization. Our purpose is to develop, encourage, assist and promote tourism on Bowen Island. We facilitate visitor services and our goal is to create extraordinary visitor experiences.
Please explore our website for information and suggestions on how to enjoy beautiful Bowen Island.