2018 Brochure & Map
(for a printable version of the information below, download the pdf)
Our 2017 Secrets brochure was an overwhelming success! With 30,000 copies printed, thousands flowed off the Queen of Capilano’s and Tourism Vancouver’s display racks. The major hotels and tourist attractions were key distribution points and, of course, the Bowen Island Visitor Information Centre handed out brochures daily. With this huge success and demand, we’re planning to improve and expand the 2018 edition. We encourage you to book now to avoid disappointment.
Here’s what’s new for 2018…
- Islander, Chris Staples and his team at Rethink are once again designing and producing the brochure.
- We’re adding 4 pages to allow for more features and to showcase the island as a year-round destination.
- The maps will be updated and we plan to publish a tear-off-sheet map.
- Again, we’re working with local photographers to feature their images.
- This edition uses the 2017 advertising specifications. Therefore, you can utilize the same ad as last year.
- Ad design is available for a reasonable fee.
- The brochure is available digitally on TBI’s website and as a downloadable PDF.
- TBI’s website recorded a 124% increase in visits this past year.
- TBI is a not-for-profit organization. Advertising proceeds are reinvested into our programs, services and intiatives that promote tourism and economic development of Bowen Island.
Distribution 35,000 copies across BC
- An additional 5,000 copies will be distributed in 2018
- BC Ferries terminals & Queen of Capilano – we’re negotiating for the brochure rack to be refilled prior to weekends
- Vancouver International Airport – YVR recorded 22.3 million passengers in 2016
- Vancouver Super Cities – Visitor Marketing Program – distributed to 326 sites including Vancouver hotels & concierges, motels, car rental offices, restaurants, tourism and shopping mall visitor centres, etc.
- Bowen Island Visitor Information Centre & island accommodations, restaurants & retail
- Destination BC Visitor Information Centres across the province and Tourism Vancouver Info Centre
Don’t miss your chance to be in the 2018 edition of Secrets of Bowen Island Brochure and map!
Booking Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
Book online or phone 604-200-2399 for more information.
DESIGN & SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- SPACE IS LIMITED. DEADLINE FOR BOOKING IS TUESDAY OCTOBER 31, 2017
- Place your booking online or by email
- You will receive an invoice payable upon receipt. Payment assures your brochure ad.
- Ad copy and artwork due on or before Wednesday November 15, 2017.
- Cost to design your business ad is not included in the Display Ad Rates.
- Advertisers requiring design assistance or ad adaptations can contact Jody Lorenz.
- A hard copy and a digital copy of your completed ad must be submitted complete with the designer’s name and contact information.
- Email digital copies of your ad. Files must be smaller than 5 MB.
- Upon receipt of the digital ad, advertisers will be notified of any problems, and in the event of necessary changes, advertisers will be charged (at a rate of $50 per hour) for all work required to convert supplied advertising material to the printer’s requirements.
- For more information please contact 604-200-2399 or email email@example.com.
MECHANICALS / SIZE
- 20 Page – 2018 Tourism Bowen Island Brochure – 4 more pages than last year.
- Publication page size is 8″ x 9″. Advertising ad panels are 4″ x 9″ or smaller.
- 16 pages (16″ x 9″ double page spread (DPS) will be folded to 8″ x 9″) and soft-folded to finished size of 4″ x 9″.
- 4-page (32″ x 9″) removable double gate-fold -out mpa of Bowen Island and Snug Cove.
1/4 Panel – Horizontal
1/4 Panel – Vertical
Full Page – Inside
2″ X 2.25″
4″ X 2.25″
2″ X 4.5″
4″ X 4.5″
4″ X 9″
Safety: 1.5″ x 1.75″ Bleed: 2.25″ x 2.5″
Safety: 3.5″ x 1.75″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 2.5″
Safety: 1.5″ x 4″ Bleed: 2.25″ x 4.75″
Safety: 3.5″ x 4″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 4.75″
Safety: 3.25″ x 8.25″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 9.25″
- All display ad advertisers will be listed in the map section free of charge.
- An additional 459 for Visitor Accommodation map placement on full map only.
- An accurate hard copy colour proof of your ad is required along with your digital artwork.
- The brochure will be produced with InDesign CS6 for MacIntosh.
- The following formats are acceptable: EPS, TIFF, PDF
- Photography must be 300 dpi and CMYK (not RGB).
- Black and White ads must be 600 dpi, halftones at 300 dpi. Adobe Photoshop 4.0 or later.
- For more information call 604-200-2399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org