2019 Brochure & Map
(for a printable version of the information below, download the pdf)
The 2018 Secrets of Bowen Island Brochure was a huge success with 40,000 copies distributed throughout BC. We’re keeping this winning format for 2019 and encourage you to book your advertisement now to avoid disappointment.
Here’s what’s new for 2018…
- The Secrets of Bowen Island brochure is the island’s official tourism marketing
- publication. The brochure is designed specifically to attract and entice visitors to the island.
- Don’t miss your chance to raise and drive visitors to your door.
- 35,000 copies distributed to throughout BC via high-traffic visitor outlets.
- Digital format extends reach to national and international audiences – with potentially limitless exposure.
- Professionally designed by islander Chris Staples and his Rethink team. The guide features many local photographers.
Distribution 35,000 copies across BC
- BC Ferries terminals & Queen of Capilano
- Vancouver International Airport
- Visitor Marketing Program – distributed to 326 sites including Vancouver hotels &
- concierges, motels, car rental offices, restaurants, tourism & shopping mall visitor centres, etc.
- Bowen Island Visitor Information Centre and island accommodations, restaurants, retail
- Tourism Vancouver Information Centre
- Destination BC
- Value – 2019 brochure ad rates are the same as 2018 – no rate increase.
- Members receive 10% discount on all ads.
- Ad specifications are the same as previous years. If rebooking, no need to change creative. See ad specification sheet for details.
- Combine and save: book a Secrets brochure ad and a new map ad to save more money and increase exposure.
- Ad design is available for a reasonable fee.
- The brochure is available digitally on TBI’s website and as a downloadable PDF.
- TBI’s website has recorded a 100% increase in users and a 110% in sessions over the past year – with a high of 1,553 page views per day.
- TBI is a not-for-profit organization. Advertising proceeds are reinvested into our programs, services and initiatives that promote tourism, support our members and foster economic development of Bowen Island.
Don’t miss your chance to be in the 2019 edition of Secrets of Bowen Island Brochure
Booking Deadline: Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
2019 New Visitor Information Map
- New user-friendly, professionally-designed tear-away map and guide. Thoughtfully designed based on our 3-years experience serving at the Visitor Information Centre. Map features the key information most visitors are looking: trails, beaches, parks, sights and where to eat, shop, things to do, places to see and more.
- If you want visitors to find your business, you want to be in this map.
- Maps, roads and trails will be updated and comprehensive, including topographic details.
- 20,000 double-sided colour copies will be printed. This is the main map distributed via the Bowen Island Visitor Information Centre. It will also be available for use and distribution at local Bowen businesses.
Book online or phone 604-200-2399 for more information.
DESIGN & SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- SPACE IS LIMITED. DEADLINE FOR BOOKING IS TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2018
- Place your booking online or by email
- You will receive an invoice payable upon receipt. Payment assures your brochure ad.
- Ad copy and artwork due on or before Tuesday November 27, 2018.
- Cost to design your business ad is not included in the Display Ad Rates.
- Advertisers requiring design assistance or ad adaptations can contact Jody Lorenz.
- A hard copy and a digital copy of your completed ad must be submitted complete with the designer’s name and contact information.
- Email digital copies of your ad. Files must be smaller than 5 MB.
- Upon receipt of the digital ad, advertisers will be notified of any problems, and in the event of necessary changes, advertisers will be charged (at a rate of $50 per hour) for all work required to convert supplied advertising material to the printer’s requirements.
- For more information please contact 604-200-2399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MECHANICALS / SIZE
- 20 Page – 2019 Tourism Bowen Island Brochure.
- Publication page size is 8″ x 9″. Advertising ad panels are 4″ x 9″ or smaller.
- 20 pages (16″ x 9″ double page spread (DPS) will be folded to 8″ x 9″) and soft-folded to finished size of 4″ x 9″.
1/4 Panel – Horizontal
1/4 Panel – Vertical
Full Page – Inside
2″ X 2.25″
4″ X 2.25″
2″ X 4.5″
4″ X 4.5″
4″ X 9″
Safety: 1.5″ x 1.75″ Bleed: 2.25″ x 2.5″
Safety: 3.5″ x 1.75″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 2.5″
Safety: 1.5″ x 4″ Bleed: 2.25″ x 4.75″
Safety: 3.5″ x 4″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 4.75″
Safety: 3.25″ x 8.25″ Bleed: 4.25″ x 9.25″
- All display ad advertisers will be listed in the map section free of charge.
- An additional $59 for Visitor Accommodation map placement on full map only.
Mechanicals for new map will be added once design is finalized.
Small text block 2”x1”: $199.00
Small text block with Secrets ad: $99.00
Medium block w/image 2”x2”: $299.00
Medium block with Secrets ad: $199.00
Large block w/image 2”x3”: $399.00
Large block with Secrets ad: $299.00
- An accurate hard copy colour proof of your ad is required along with your digital artwork.
- The brochure will be produced with InDesign CS6 for MacIntosh.
- The following formats are acceptable: EPS, TIFF, PDF
- Photography must be 300 dpi and CMYK (not RGB).
- Black and White ads must be 600 dpi, halftones at 300 dpi. Adobe Photoshop 4.0 or later.
- For more information call 604-200-2399 or email email@example.com